What is the SNOMED CT NRC(National Release Center)?
SNOMED International, the managing entity of the International Standard Medical Terminology System (SNOMED CT), refers to an organization designated by the national unit for the smooth dissemination and spread of SNOMED CT.
- To promote the use of SNOMED CT in medical institutions such as health care data-centered hospitals to support decision making and ensure continuity of treatment through standardization of health care data based on SNOMED CT, and to be used for research.
KOREAN NRC(K-HIS)’s role
History of Korean NRC
- 2020.6.10. Korea Health Information Service was designated as SNOMED CT NRC by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
- 2020.8.14. As a 39th SNOMED International’s official member, all domestic medical institutions can use it freely without paying additional fees and register individual subscriptions from SNOMED International individually.
As SNOMED CT NRC(National Release Center), on behalf of member states, it not only it distributes national licenses, but also manages licenses for each institution, education and training for terminologies, and discovers fields of application, bridge the gap between NRC membership countries.
National Realase Center
Commit to writing, report and support request for SNOMED CT updates and improvements
Communicate with SNOMED International and member countries as a representative of Korea on related issue of SNOMED CT
Distribution of SNOMED CT in compliance with IHTSDO standard
Establish and maintain processes for SNOMED CT deployment and license management
Communication with domestic institutions applied for SNOMED license
*SNOMED CT or any Terminology product delivered By IHTSDO and used In the Member country.
- INTDO headquarters
- Partner NRC
- Domestic users
- Clinical expert
- Health Information Manager
- IT system holder
- IT system developer
- Researchers, etc.
(Basic work) Domestic distribution, introduction, etc. of the international version of SNOMED-CT developed and distributed by the IHTSDO headquarters
|Key task||IHTSDO headquarters cooperation||
|Introduction and distribution of SNOMED CT international edition in country, license management and maintenance||
|Serves as a contact point for domestic partners and users||
Expected effect of KOREAN NRC
- The use of standard terms in various fields such as medical institutions, healthcare companies, and academic conferences is expected to revitalize health care research and healthcare service industry based on international standard data.
- By establishing standard datasets of medical institutions, we will not only exchange domestic medical information, but also lay the foundation for exchange of healthcare big data between countries.
- It is used as an opportunity for Korea to exchange and cooperate with member countries for health care standardization, and to become one of the leading countries in health care standardization around the world.