Introduction of WHO-FIC Collaborating Center in Korea
The center supports the development, modification and distribution of, and training on, the WHO’s international classifications, standard terminologies, etc.
The first Korea Collaborating Center was established in 2012 at Social Security Information Service(SSIS) and carried out its role for 8 years. In 2021, Korea Collaborating Center was relocated at Department of Healthcare Data Promotion in Ministry of Health and Welfare and Korea Health Information Service(KHIS) to enhance its collaborating work.
The mission of the Korea WHO Collaborating Center for the Family of International Classifications is to promote the development and use of the WHO Family of International Classifications (WHO-FIC), including the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Health Problems (ICD), the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF), and other derived and related classifications and to contribute to their implementation and improvement.
- Assisting WHO in its work to develop, maintain and revise the WHO Family of International Classifications by providing technical expertise in various ways such as participating in field trial of WHO-FIC, developing of education, training and certification material, supporting the processing of update proposals in relevant committees and reference groups.
- Promoting use of the WHO-FIC for Korean users by developing, and sharing training materials, organizing and conducting training courses and translating international WHO-FIC materials in coordination with WHO.
- Act as focal point between WHO and the local stakeholders regarding the WHO-FIC related work.
- Korea WHO Collaborating Centre for the WHO Family of International Classifications
- Korea Health Information Service(KHIS)
-  F8, 36, Chilpae-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Phone : +82-2-6263-8326
- E-mail : email@example.com